Shoring up your data lakes and silos to save costs and minimize risk is an exercise in defensible destruction but requires awareness of the legal hold process.
A company that spoliates evidence subject to a legal hold, even without malice, can be fined and suffer adverse inference litigation rulings resulting in unfavorable judgments. Additionally, healthy oversight of records under a preservation hold doesn’t just make good legal sense, it can also help better identify opportunities for even more defensible destruction, cost reduction and risk mitigation.
ALL CAPP ENGAGEMENTS RESULT IN CLIENTS ABLE TO:
- Identify key custodians and data stewards
- Issue and track legal hold notices
- Provide basic info in the hold notice
- Secure an acknowledgment of the hold
- Send periodic reminders about the hold
- Institutionalize reasonable anticipation
- Identify potentially relevant records
- Monitor the hold throughout the litigation
- Establish a process to release the hold
- Document the entire process